Saturday, April 11, 2009

Our Trip

Well, we made it home from the trip. It actually turned out pretty decent. The kids had their fair share of fighting, but we had enough fun to overcome all of that. I took tons and tons of pictures, but wouldn't you know, I could not get the kids to pose for even one picture together where they were not actually arguing, so most of the shots with both of them in the picture have forced smiles.


We started out driving through Howell, the town I grew up in, to see how things had changed, and boy they have changed. It's amazing how time changes things in only four years. Funny though, as much as I've missed being down by the city, I realize how much of a rat race is really is, and it makes me glad I now live in the country.


After we checked into our hotel, the kids enjoyed some swimming in the pool, and then my son just had to go try out the treadmill without my knowledge and he wiped out. He had little imprints on his chin from the tread and a big gash on his lip from his tooth. He stayed away from the treadmill for the rest of our visit. LOL


Our second day was spent down in Detroit visiting the Henry Ford Museum, driving downtown to show the kids the Renaissance Center (aka the GM building), watching the animals at the Detroit Zoo, and showing the kids where I used to work off of Telegraph Road in Southfield. I was quite surprised, even with the Final Four going on, there was hardly any traffic, although the zoo was quite busy.


On Sunday we drove down to Matthaei Botanical Gardens in Ann Arbor and then I just had to stop at Colasantis in Milford before we finally hit the road to come home. Colasanti's is a market, slash deli, slash bakery, slash nursery, all rolled into one. When we lived in the area, it was one of my favorite places to shop. I miss it immensely and wish I could find something up here that compares, but as of yet, I've had no such luck...


Here's a few shots of our trip...



This is a cactus flower from the botanical gardens.




The polar bear at the Detroit Zoo as seen from the underwater tunnel.




The Henry Ford Museum, note the plane flying overhead.




The kids swimming in the pool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great trip...I am jealous of all the neat places you had the chance to visit! :)