Sunday, March 6, 2011

Looking For A Job

Well, the time has come, the cost of living has forced me to have to look for a job outside of the home, to supplement our income. It's been almost 14 years since I last worked for someone other than myself or my husband, so it is going to take some major adjustment. I worry that I won't be taken seriously on my resume though. It's hard for them to call your boss, when you or your husband are the boss, but seriously, I've learned so much being home and doing my own thing, most of all self-discipline. Forcing myself to work when I don't really feel like it has been the biggest challenge, but I do it, because the bills still have to get paid, and I have to have some type of goals to accomplish for my own well-being.

I went to a job interview a couple of weeks ago, and it would have been the perfect job for me. It was local, I wouldn't have had to drive more than 10 miles, and I have plenty of experience for the position, but I never got a call back. I called the interviewer back twice, but she said they hadn't hired anyone. I don't know if she was just afraid to tell me they had hired someone else, or if they were waiting until the very last minute, but I guess I just wasn't what they were looking for.

Oh well, I suppose it just wasn't meant to be. I will keep trying and hope for the best...

No comments: