Friday, December 30, 2011

The Crayon Project

I was browsing on one of my favorite websites, StumbleUpon, a couple of weeks ago, and I found this really cool art project, so I just had to give it a try.  It was a lot of fun and very easy to create.  With a  little help from my daughter, we created a cool little piece of art.


The first step was using a hot glue gun to attach the crayons to a canvas board.  I removed the browns, white, and black, and doubled up on my favorite colors. I also made sure to use only Crayola crayons.  After having used the kids Crayola Crayon Maker in the past and seeing how the different brands of crayons melt, I knew these would work best as the other brands tend to be more oily and not as colorful.


Next, we used our blow dryer to melt the crayons.  This part took a while, but my daughter really enjoyed watching the crayons melt.  She made a race out of it to see which crayon could reach the bottom of the canvas first.


This is the finished product, and the red was the winner.


Here she is peaking over the edge.


And happily displaying the finished product.


Another perspective..


And one more (the blues and purples are my favorite colors)

No comments: