Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Winter Inconveniences

Another wonderful snow storm came through our neck of the woods yesterday, causing my kids to have a snow day.  Okay, so honestly, it's not so wonderful.  I had to work, and I work about 45 miles from where I live.  Getting to work was easy, as the storm hadn't quite begun until after I got there.  Fortunately for me, my mom and grandmother live a few miles from where I work, so staying at their house was an option.  

All through the evening, guests and co-workers kept talking about the weather and road conditions.  Those that know I live far away kept asking if I was going to stay at my moms, and through the night I kept thinking to myself  "I can make it home, just have to be careful and take my time".  I've grown up in these conditions, so I know how to drive in the snow.  I had full intentions on going home when my shift ended at 9:30 last night. 

Well, after I left, and started on my journey home, I realized this wasn't going to be quite as easy had I imagined.  Needless to say, I called my husband to give him the heads up and then turned around and went to mom's house.  I have so many things at home to do, but I guess the plus is that I saved money, since I didn't have to pump $4.00 per gallon gas into my car.

I have to work the same shift again today, so I decided to just stay here at mom's until it's time to go back in to work.  The weather is still kind of nasty, but it's supposed to clear by the time I get off work, so hopefully I will be able to make it home this evening.

No comments: